Coach Ralph Sundelin’s Lakeview High “White” team shot a 315 to win Friday’s 15-team Bill Mook Memorial Golf Tournament at Wanango Country Club in Reno, Pa.
McDowell was 2nd with a 317 and Meadville finished 3rd with a 323. Skyler Carr of McDowell earned medalist honors with a 3-over-par 74.
Grove City shot a 331 team score, Reynolds carded a 354, Slippery Rock had 411 and Lakeview “Red” shot a 444.
Brett Beith and Nate McIntire led Lakeview “White” with 78s, Sam Norris fired a 79 for Grove City, Cameron Taylor carded an 85 to pace Reynolds, Chad Green led Slippery Rock with a 91 and Trent Milliren shot 100 for Lakeview “Red.”
Lakeview “White”: Beith, McIntire 78s, Clay Williams 79, Zack Doddo 80.
Grove City: Norris 79, Jack Donahue 82, Troy Loughry, David Dennis 85s.
Reynolds: Taylor 85, Andrew Herman 86, James Shafer 89, Jonathan Crumbacher 94.
Slippery Rock: Green 91, Jack Hadley 99, Elijah McClymonds 109, Katelyn McWhorter 112.
Lakeview “Red”: Milliren 100, Ted Shillito 113, Anthony Grim 114, J.P. McGee 117.
• Grove City 5, Oil City 0 – At Grove City Thursday, the Lady Eagles closed out the regular season with 5-0 victory to finish at 10-2 in District 10 Region 1.
Logan Fuss, Lauren Wright and Abby Foley swept singles play for GC and Georgia Coulter-Abby Frey and Ashley Biddle-Grace Messer teamed up for doubles’ wins.
Singles: Fuss def. Ashley Battaglia, 6-0, 6-0; Wright def. Peyton Burk, 6-0, 6-2; Foley def. Heather Karns, 6-0, 6-3. Doubles: Coulter-Frey def. Annissa Weller-Sophia Horner, 6-3, 6-7(7-2), 6-2; Messer-Biddle def. Riley Weller-Haley Burke, 6-3, 4-6, 6-0.
“It was our senior day and our seven seniors led us to a strong win to finish the regular season,” said Grove City Coach Michael Coulter. “And we are also excited to see Logan Fuss finish her first regular season as a singles player with an 11-1 record.”
• Wilmington 2, Mercer 1 – Under the lights in New Wilmington Thursday, Lindsey Martineau fired in both goals for Wilmington (4-0, 8-2).
Ava Krepp and Lena Welker assisted on the 2 goals. Jazmine Boyle earned the win in goal.
Peyton Miller scored for Mercer (3-1, 8-3) off an assist from Katie Ellis.
Note: Monday’s match between Sharon and Wilmington has been moved to New Wilmington and will start at 7 p.m.
• Sharon 4 Conneaut (Ohio) 0 – At Tiger Stadium recently, Abbey McComb mustered a career milestone with her 99th and 100th goals. Also for Sharon (7-1-2), Peyton Weigle and Julia Day scored, Kate Levitt lent 2 assists, and goalkeeper Katie Krecek pitched the shutout for Coach Jordan Zajac.
• Slippery Rock 6, Sharon 2 – At Slippery Rock, Emily Sarver, Kayla Daugherty, Emmy Reiser, Kyra Bellis, and Emily Raine scored for Slippery Rock; McComb tallied twice for the Lady Tigers.
• Sharpsville boys soccer team improved to 7-2 overall with Thursday’s 1-0 win over Sharon. An incorrect record was reported to The Herald and published Friday.
• In the Hickory boys soccer team’s 7-0 win over Conneaut Area Thursday, Brian Phillips scored 3 goals for the Hornets, Antonio Giuseppucci had 1 goal and Brian Phillips had 1 assist. Incorrect stats were reported to The Herald and published Friday.