COVID issues have forced several of this weekend’s football games to be changed.
Mercer will host Eisenhower Friday at 7 p.m. Mercer was scheduled to play West Middlesex (co-op with Sharpsville) and Ike’s game against Seneca was called off due to COVID issues in the Seneca program.
The Sharpsville at Lakeview game is off due to COVID issues at Lakeview. The Blue Devils are still looking for an opponent to play.
Sharon’s game at Titusville is off. The Rockets, who called off last Friday’s game against Slippery Rock, are still dealing with issues from the virus. Sharon is now playing at Oil City at 7 p.m. Friday.
• Hickory 177, West Middlesex 186, Greenville 203 – The Hornets improved to 9-1 with a tri-match victory against WM and Greenville at Oak Tree Country Club.
Hickory’s Louie Gill and Adam Scott share medalist honors by carding 43s. Bowen Briggs, Cal Nych, and Connor Stover all shot 46 for WM. Aidan Emmett and Elliot Ellis led Greenville with 49s.
Hickory: Gill 43, Scott 43, Carter Gill 45, Jett Leipheimer 46.
West Middlesex: Briggs 46, Nych 46, Stover 46, John Partridge 48.
Greenville: Emmett 49, Ellis 49, Soren Hedderick 52, Mason Vannoy 53.
• Kennedy Catholic 10, Commodore Perry 0 – At Hermitage, Aidan Churlik fired in 5 goals to lead KC (1-0) to a season-opening win over the Panthers (0-3).
Jayson Young added 2 goals for the Golden Eagles while Davey Cochenour, Tommy Malvar, and Dom Salas had 1 goal each. KC led 9-0 at halftime.
Remington Hart and Stargell Fuhr combined for the shutout in goal. Hart played the 1st half and Fuhr the 2nd.
• Slippery Rock 6, Sharon 0 – At Slippery Rock, Nick Kingerski posted a hat trick to lead the Rockets past the Tigers.
Cullen Birkes and David Magliocca also had goals for Slippery Rock. The other was an own goal.
Birkes, Gavin Siegfried, Trent Davey, and Hunter Berry were credited with assists.
• Wilmington 8, West Middlesex 1 – At New Wilmington, Colin Hill fired in 4 goals as the Hounds defeated the Big Reds.
Joe Saterlee scored 2 goals for Wilmington while Willum Sheffler and Chance Miller scored the others.
Miller collected 3 assists and Saterlee had 1 helper.
• Grove City 4, Greenville 2 – At Forker Field in Grove City, Pierson Badowski and Jacob Irani had 2 goals each as the Eagles topped the Trojans.
Rasce Stefanowicz scored both goals for Greenville.
• Hickory 8, Conneaut Area 0 – At Hornet Stadium, Lukas Jones fired in 4 goals as the Hornets (1-0, 4-0) routed CASH.
Gio Rossi and Donny DeBlasio both had a goal and 2 assists and Kory Semanco and Michael Orendi had 1 goal and 1 assist. Matt Maitland (4 saves) and Landon Bean (1 save) split time in goal and earned the team’s 4th straight shutout.
Luke Ruffo, Ryan Evangelista, CJ Myers, and Kaden Bernice were all credited with “great team defense.”
JV: No game.
• Maplewood 5, Sharpsville 0 – At Sharpsville Saturday, Natalie Kurt posted a hat trick to lead the Tigers past the Devils.
McKenzie Means scored the other goals for Maplewood and Natalie Slagle made 6 saves in goal. Neva Turner collected 18 saves in goal for Sharpsville.
• Tonight’s Mercer at Wilmington game has been canceled.
• Warren 3, Sharpsville 1 – At Warren, the Lady Devils fell to 1-1 with a 23-25, 25-18, 29-27, 25-21 loss to the Dragons.
Sharpsville: Ady Kratko 10 points, 10 digs; Bella Ritenour 5 kills, 5 blocks; Cady Benedict 10 kills, 10 digs, 5 blocks; Chasie Fry 10 points, 10 kills, 16 digs; Breanna Hanley 5 kills, 5 digs; Audra Anzevino 5 kills; Riley Hartle 5 digs; Lauren Kos 24 assists, 10 kills, 5 digs.
JV: Warren, 25-14, 25-7.
• Lakeview 3, Gen. McLane 1 – At Stoneboro, the Lady Sailors posted a 25-16, 26-24, 18-25, 25-16 win.
Lakeview: Reese Gadsby 9 kills, 9 aces, 21 assists, 13 digs; Alivia Slater 10 kills; Elsa Cole 13 digs; Melody Shillito 7 kills; Lydia Heckman 7 kills.
JV: Not reported.
• Grove City 3, Franklin 0 – At Grove City, the Lady Eagles improved to 3-0 with a 25-17, 25-13, 25-9 win.
GC: Hailey Conway 9 points, 5 digs; Carlie Reynolds 9 points, 5 aces, 14 assists; Cassie Smith 8 kills; Delaney Callahan 5 kills; Brooke Hovis 22 points, 5 aces; Abby Berry 8 kills, 13 assists.
JV: Grove City, 21-25, 25-18, 15-8.
• Brookfield 3, Ashtabula-St. John 0 – At Brookfield, the Lady Warriors rolled to a 25-14, 25-10, 25-13 sweep.
Brookfield: Lauren Shingledecker 12 kills; Anna Reichart 10 kills, 6 digs; Bailey Hackett 7 kills, 5 aces; Bailey O’Brien 26 assists; Zoe Steele 16 digs.
JV: St. John, 25-13, 25-19.