• Wilmington 15, Reynolds 1 (6 inn.) – At Transfer, the Hounds locked up the No. 1 seed out of Region 3 for the playoffs.
Jaret Boyer (4 innings) and Timmy Lewis combined on a no-hitter. Boyer struck out 3 batters and walked 3.
Wilmington (8-2, 14-3) has already clinched at least a share of the Region 3 title.
At the plate, Ricky Telesz hit a 3-run homer and finished with 4 RBI, Cameron Marett was 2-for-2 with 3 RBI, Caelen Bender had 3 singles, Robert Pontius was 2-for-3 and drove in a run, Ethan Susen went 2-for-4 with an RBI and Nathanael Luu and Boyer doubled.
Lee Walter, Haden Obenrader, Patrick Belback, Andrew Herman and Hayden Calenda pitched for Reynolds. They struck out 1, walked 10 and gave up 11 hits.
• Franklin 5, Hickory 4 – At Franklin, the Knights clinched the Region 2 title outright with the win.
Franklin went 8-0 in Region 2 and is 16-1 overall. Hickory finished 6-2 in the region and is 11-3.
Hickory scored once in the 1st inning and 3 runs in the 4th. Franklin plated all 5 of its runs in the bottom of the 2nd inning.
Kolton Banfi (4 innings) and Connor Rakow pitched for the Knights. Banfi fanned 3, walked 1 and gave up 4 runs on 3 hits. Rakow struck out 4, issued 1 walk and only allowed 1 hit.
For Franklin, Rakow doubled and drove in a run, Carson Wible doubled and drove in a pair, Zach Taylor had 2 hits and an RBI, Kaden Keely collected 2 hits and Tyus Wood was credited with an RBI.
Hickory’s Nick Osborne was the losing pitcher. He fanned 4, walked 1 and gave up all 5 runs on 7 hits.
At the dish, Cameron Whalen hit a 3-run homer, Osborne doubled and Andrew Gay had an RBI.
• Tuesday’s Sharon at Titusville game was ppd. to today.
• Sharon 4, Jamestown 3 – On Senior Day at Wengler Field in Sharon, freshman Iresha Norris ripped a walk-off single in the bottom of the 7th inning to lift the Lady Tigers (5-3, 5-11) past the Muskies in the Region 5 contest.
Norris had 2 singles for Sharon, Jordan Murphy ripped 4 singles and drove in a run and Ellie McCombs doubled. Maddy Berkson was the winning pitcher. She struck out 8, walked 2 and gave up 8 hits.
Madison Hillard suffered the loss for Jamestown. She fanned 4, walked 3 and gave up 10 hits. Offensively, Hillard had 2 singles and 2 RBI, Liz Kammerdiener doubled and singled, Danielle Ficeti singled and scored a run and Camille Engstrom added 2 singles and drove in a run.
• Mercer 7, West Middlesex 2 – At Mercer, Amanda Bish hit a 2-run homer and singled and also picked up the mound win for Mercer.
She struck out 8, walked 2 and gave up 6 hits. Taylor Yoder doubled and singled for Mercer, Jenna Burkhart tripled and Bailey Grossman, Krista Mathias and Grace Godfrey doubled.
Alyssa Nehlen tripled, hit 2 doubles and drove in a run for the Ms. Reds (2-11) and Mackenzie Erdman was 2-for-4 with an RBI. Freshman Lily Holt had no strikeouts, no walks and gave up 9 hits.
• Brookfield’s Div. IV playoff game with Mathews was ppd. for the 2nd straight day. It is set for 5 p.m. today at Candlelight Knolls.