1

CORY BYKNISH | Herald

UPDATED at 5:23 p.m.

An unoccupied house burned to the ground at roughly 4 p.m. Wednesday in Hempfield Township.

Hempfield Township volunteer fire Chief David King said the fired started with an "improperly disposed of cigarette." No injuries were reported. 

King said the property owners at 6 Gibson Road had plans to demolish the home, and no one was living there at the time of the fire.  

Greenville Fire Department, and volunteer fire departments from Transfer and West Salem assisted with the blaze. 

See the full story in Thursday's edition of The Herald