Editors note: The credibility of The Herald was repeatedly questioned on social media, after the newspaper reported a picketer on Sunday threw Herald reporter Michael Roknick to the ground. Roknick was standing on the street and photographing the picket line with his cell phone, outside NLMK Pennsylvania’s steel mill in Farrell, when a picketer rushed him. The Herald is posting this video to refute social media comments that slandered Roknick and accused him of lying about the incident. The video shows Roknick, dressed in cycling gear after covering a cycling event, thrown down hard to the concrete. The video also appears to show the picketer leaning over Roknick and speaking after he knocked him to the ground. Both NLMK management and union leaders have condemned the attack …Herald Editor Jeffery Gerritt.
- Family files wrongful death lawsuit against Hermitage medical center
- One injured Friday in Farrell shooting
- Teen killed in ATV crash
- Sharon man pleads guilty to sex offenses
- New director takes over at Community Food Warehouse of Mercer County
- Little progress made in strike talks
- Woman injured in Farrell shooting
- Police news from Sept. 24, 2020
- Scarce, but so sweet: For only 4th time in century-plus, Grove City wins at Sharon's Tiger Stadium, 42-17
- New Wilmington's Tavern on the Square to close
Mary L., 101, of Grove City. Visitation: Private, in CUNNINGHAM FUNERAL HOME Inc., 306 Bessemer Ave., Grove City. Mass of Christian burial: Private, on Thursday (10-1-20) in The Church of The Beloved Disciple, Grove City. Burial: Crestview Memorial Park.
Heather Marie, 48, of Sharpsville. Calling hours: 10 a.m. until the time of service Saturday (10-3-20) in J. BRADLEY McGONIGLE FUNERAL HOME and CREMATORY Inc., 1090 E. State St., Sharon. Funeral service: Noon Saturday in the funeral home, with the Very Rev. Richard Allen, E.V., pastor of the…